The course helps students to:
- Gain insights into the principles and implications of theories of language learning.
- Have knowledge of major twentieth century trends in language teaching.
- Be informed about the nature, strengths and weaknesses of the methods and approaches.
- Develop essential 21st century skills.
On completion of this unit students should be able to:
- Be aware of the theoretical principles underlining the common techniques used in language learning and language teaching.
- Apply the principles of language learning within their own teaching context.
- Evaluate teaching methods and conduct their lessons in communicative view.
- Select appropriate techniques of different teaching methods for their teaching situation.
Last modified: Tuesday, 19 January 2010, 10:51 AM